School Hours & Traffic
- Regular Day School Hours
- Early Dismissal Day School Hours
- Weather Delay and Closure Line
- Traffic & Parking
Start Time: 8:00 am
Kinder and First Grades - 11:45 am (includes half day Kinder students)
Second, Third and Fourth Grades - 11:55 am
Fifth and Sixth Grades - 12:05 pm
Seventh and Eighth Grades - 12:15 pm
Students with older siblings and carpools will be released
at the same time as their oldest sibling or their carpool.
When School is on a Delayed Start:
Start Time – 9:00 am
Weather Delay and Closure Line:
Parents can also call the Weather Delay and Closure Line:
CCA is a commuter school. This means that streets around the school may be more congested than around typical neighborhood schools. Therefore, carpooling is strongly recommended.
It is extremely important that everyone follow traffic procedures. These procedures promote safety, efficiency, and function within the limitations imposed by the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Department and the County. Please refer to the CCA Student Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures below. In addition, CCA is a NO PHONE ZONE during morning and afternoon drop-off and pick-up. Your compliance is essential for the safety of everyone.
Traffic Details: The oldest student’s release time will dictate when and where younger siblings and carpool members are picked up. Since older students are dismissed at a later time, younger siblings and carpool members will also be dismissed at a later time. Consistency is important for the students and staff at CCA to keep students safe at all times. CCA traffic and parking policies must be strictly followed.
Drop-off Time and Location: School begins at 8:00am. Supervision for student drop-off is provided from 7:20am to 8:00am All students must be dropped off on the north side of Caley. There is one line of cars on Caley. We ask that you stay in this line and continuously pull up. Once the line has stopped following the stop sign at the bottom of the hill your child should exit the car and walk up to the school. This is for the flow of traffic and the safety of all our students. Please stay in line and do not pull around cars to get ahead.
Traffic Safety: Please ensure that you are following all of CCA’s traffic rules, including those listed below. They are in place to keep your children safe and secure.
Should you decide to park in the neighborhood and walk your student/students in, you need to use the crosswalk. A staff member is at the light on Dayton and Caley ready to help you across safely.
Neighborhood Etiquette: According to the Colorado parking law, no vehicle may be parked:
- Within 5 Feet of a Private Driveway
- Within 15 Feet of a Fire Hydrant
- Within 20 Feet of a Crosswalk
- Within 30 Feet of a Flashing Beacon, Signal, Stop Sign, or Yield Sign
- Please be aware of the NO PARKING signs located in the neighborhoods.
- U-turns are illegal on Caley as indicated by the posted signs.
- Left-hand turns into CCA’s parking lot and onto Elmira Circle are illegal from 7:15am –8:15am and 2:45pm–3:45pm. Our front parking lot will be closed from 7:20am – 8:00am and again from 2:45pm –3:45pm. Please do not move the chain!
- Double parking is never allowed. If cars are along the side of the road, please pull in behind them.
Morning Drop Off: The line is long, but it will move quickly when everyone follows the rules.
- Stay in line! Do not pull around the waiting cars or cut in line.
- All students need to be ready to exit the car (passenger side only) once the car has pulled up and stopped.
- Please limit the use of the trunk for holding student backpacks. This takes up time and we have had some cars slide back into the other cars, especially when it has been icy and snowy.
- If you need to talk, sign papers or give lengthy directions or goodbyes, we ask that you please pull into a neighborhood or park on Elmira Circle at the bottom of the hill and walk your student/students in from there.
- The staff outside are there to assist your students. Please stay in your car and pull up. Should your student need assistance, please let a staff member know.
- Do not get out of your car. If you feel you need to watch your student walk through the front door, you will need to park in the neighborhood and walk them to the school, using the crosswalk at Caley and Dayton.
Afternoon Pick-up Times and Locations: Strictly adhere to the indicated times.
*Pick-up locations are subject to change according to student enrollment.
- If you arrive before your student’s assigned pick-up time, you may be asked to leave and come back at your scheduled time.
- For example, the 3:15 crowd should not arrive early, thereby giving the 3:10pm crowd the proper allotted time to pick up their children.
- If times and locations change throughout the year, a notification will be delivered via email.
- CCA staff will accompany students at all times. Those who do not have older CCA siblings or belong to a carpool with older members will immediately go outside to be picked up at their assigned time.
Those who do travel with older CCA siblings or carpool members will wait in a predetermined location for a staff member to escort them to the proper pick-up destination at the time that the older sibling or carpool member is released. Pick-up times will not change even if the older student is absent or in an after-school activity. Please adhere to this policy, it is for the safety of all students.
Inclement Weather Procedure: As a commuter school, CCA has a very deliberate system in place for the drop off and pick up of students. These procedures are in place to protect students, staff, and parents from serious accidental injury.
To increase student safety and reduce frustrations during inclement weather we will be following these rules any time there is inclement weather. During inclement weather (indicated by a red flag) please observe the following protocol:
- There is no turning left into the front parking lot.
- No students will be released until 10 minutes after the last lightning strike. Cars may line up, but students will not be released early. Pick-up times are still in effect. If you are a 3:35, please do not get in the line at 3:15, you will be asked to leave and come back at your scheduled pick-up time.
- For students who are picked up on Caley and Elmira Circle, you will be entering into the front parking lot and pull up to the cone. A staff member will ask who your student(s) is and radio into the building for them to come out. A staff member will put your student(s) into your car. Please do not get out of your car.
- Students who are picked up in the North Parking Lot will continue to be picked up there. Follow the same pick-up procedures of pulling to the cone and a staff member will bring your student(s) to your car.
- The oldest student’s release time will continue to dictate when and where younger siblings and carpool members will be picked up.
Please remember your student’s safety is our highest priority.