September 20th - September 24th
- All math homework pages from the week and the Literacy Packet should be stapled and turned in on Friday.
- Please make sure you are cleaning out your child’s yellow homework folder each night. Anything on the Keep At Home side should be left at home each night.
- If you are interested in ordering books from Scholastic please be sure to do so online. Mrs. Miller’s online code is WVMY9 and Mrs. Goodwin’s online code is PZCM6.
Our Learning this Week:
Language Arts: . In phonics, we will practice identifying and using the letters Dd and Ss. We will understand each letter sound, use a picture to help us remember them, and practice writing each letter using our Fundations writing lines. Our sight words for the week are “blue” , “orange”, and “green.” This week in ARC we will read stories by an author and illustrator named Ezra Jack Keats. We will discuss how characters, setting, and events make a story interesting and fun to read. In writing, we will write a sentence and draw a picture telling about what type of animal we would like to have as a pet.
Math: This week in math we will be doing all things apples! We will understand how to divide a solid in half using apples, use apple seeds to create a pictograph, and practice writing addition number sentences with apple seeds. We will not have a math test on Friday due to the short week.
Core: We will continue our social studies unit on Johnny Appleseed. We will get to follow a guided drawing of Johnny, read lots a great stories about him, and be able to tell a friend who he is, what he did, where he is from, and why he is important! We will get to celebrate Johnny Appleseed with our party on Thursday afternoon!
- The CCA Book Fair is coming the week of September 20th-24th. If you are interested in volunteering please see the Eagle newsletter to sign up!
- Parent Teacher Conferences are coming up on Thursday, September 23rd and Friday, September 24th. Students will not have school on Friday, September 24th. A reminder slip about your conference time will be coming home early this week!
- We will be celebrating Johnny Appleseed’s birthday on Thursday, September 23rd! Please b sure
- Due to the book fair next week, we will not be turning in any library books. Please hold on to them until the following week!
- Send in one full water bottle everyday with your student.
- Please LABEL your child’s snack everyday!!
- Please remember to send in two clean masks with your student everyday!
- All birthday treats must be NON-FOOD items.
On Tuesday, your student will be coming home with their Literacy Homework Packet in their yellow homework folder. Each night your student will come home with one math homework page. Please remember to staple the literacy packet and all four of the math pages together to turn in on Friday!
- Letter Dd Trace and Paste
- Saxon Math Homework 18B
- Read and Color
- Saxon Math Homework 19B
- Beginning Sounds S and D
- Saxon Math Homework 21B
- Literacy Packet and Math Homework is due today! Please staple all of the homework together into one big packet!
- No School!
K-1 Specials - Mrs. MacFarland
Students will continue to learn about cool and warm colors through our upcoming artist study: Georgia O'Keeffe. O'Keefe spent the later part of her years in the southwest US painting flowers, mountains and the sky. CCA students will be creating their own flower based on her techniques and this project will be part of our art fund raiser with Original Artworks.
This month's focus is on sounds. Students will be learning different instrument timbres and be able to identify many of the percussion instruments used in the orchestra. Please refer to SCHOOLOGY for our weekly list of activities.
We will be learning about skipping and galluping. We will continue using movement, especially hopping (one foot) and jumping (two feet), and will master these two movements in relationship to different directions. Please make sure your child wears shoes appropriate for activity (non-slip soles).
Welcome to September! I look forward to a great month of learning!
Library/Technology - Mrs. Lanyi
I am so excited to be hosting the Scholastic Book Fair later on this month! The book fair will be September 20th - 24th. Please stay tuned to the Eagle for further details and for volunteer opportunities! As always, you may email me with questions at email@example.com
The students have been doing a wonderful job of returning library books on time! We have spend a lot of time discussing procedures and expectations in the library and we are off to a great start! In September, we will be exploring out nonfiction section of the library. We will also celebrate International Dot Day on September 15th, and we will have our first Scholastic Book Fair. It is going to be an exciting month!
This month in Technology, we will continue to practice signing in to our Chromebooks. We have also started our typing program, Typlng Club, and will spend some time talking about what home row is and how we find it on the keyboard. We are also getting familiar with some fun websites!